My walk home from work
Last night, I got off work at 8:00. I badly needed a broom for my house so I went to a little store near work. While in the store I also saw some blueberry gum and some shoe polish I wanted. I bought the broom, gum, and polish and left. I Korea, they don't give bags to carry the stuff you buy unless you ask for one. Since I don't know Korean, I didn't ask for a bag, but it was okay since I only had the three items and my books from work.
As I was walking home I noticed a restuarant across the street I had never seen before. I was checking it out when three little kids came running out of the place. One fell on the sidewalk. One ran up to a the edge of the sidewalk. And the other didn't really know what to do so he turned around and ran back in. The kid that ran to the edge of the sidewalk proceeded to pull down his pants and urinate in the street. His mother came running out of the restaurant and picked up the child that had fallen, then waited for her urinating son to finish before escorting them both back to eat.
I continued home. I realized I had nothing at home to eat so I stopped in a little mini-mart to get some food. I bought a big package of instant noodles, and a drink I had never seen (it ended up being a 7-up). Again I didn't ask for a bag and I left. I felt like Steve Martin in the Jerk. As I walked the streets of Korea I said, "This is all I need: my horse-hair broom, my octopus flavored noodles, my blueberry gum, my polish, my drink. And that's all I need. And some water." So I stopped at another store and got some water because I was low on water at home.
I really just wanted to write about the kid urinating, but that was too short a post so I added the Jerk stuff. The urinating kid was really funny to see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home