The batting cages
I wanted to show everyone the batting cages I go to. I most recently went two days ago and I made the decision to give myself equal time batting right and left handed. I am still sore from that decision.
Check out these facilities. I was the only one at the cages this day, there weren't even workers there. Koreans don't know about paper towels. They use real towels in public restrooms to dry hands (quite unsanitary). I looked at the towel on the clothes hanger in this picture and I decided it hasn't been washed since...ever.
This is one of the bats at the cages. If you click on the picture you can see the dings. I used this bat once and some balls took weird angles off the bat back towards my head. I switched bats after that session. This is the worst bat at the cages.
Here are the chairs for the spectators. As you can see, watching people take some swings is not popular.
Here are some OJ gloves. These gloves are all over the place. I think the company that makes these has a monoply on the glove market in Korea. Construction workers, old women shopping, my boss's husband, and people at batting cages all wear these. They're too small for me, but even if they fit I wouldn't wear these bacteria infested cloth gloves that have been worn by many sweaty-handed sluggers.The thing I like most about these cages is the unpredictability of the pitches. I don't think the machines are well maintained so it feels like a real batting situation. The machine would work me outside, then bust me inside, then send the high heat when I would least expect it. I can't hit the high heat. I even got beaned once. Despite the beaning, I like it alot more than the cages in the States that place the ball in the same spot every pitch. Here every swing is different. Swinging at everything, I felt like Vladimir Guerrero.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home