I think I'm Korean
A lot of people have been telling me that I remind them of a Korean. The Korean girls at work are in agreement that I act just like a Korean man (sans the smoking, spitting, excessive drinking, and woman beating). They told me that I am a quiet tough guy. Korea must not be a very tough acting culture if I am what passes for tough.
I also met my girlfriend's best friend. Her name is YouJin. It's pronounced like the male name Eugene. My girlfriend told her that I had a younger brother that looked like a smaller me, so YouJin spent the rest of the night calling herself YouJin Carr. And whenever my girlfriend and I would do a "couple" thing, YouJin would do the same thing with an imaginary Ryan sitting next to her. YouJin told me that I look like I am part Korean.
Today at school I was beginning to get hungry for dinner. I began to think of what sounded good to eat, so my mind was thinking of food through the final three classes of the day. By quitting time, my craving for rice, seaweed, and kimchi was consuming my mind. I rushed home and made the meal I wanted. It took me about twenty minutes to make the meal and less that five to eat it. I remembered the girls saying I was like a Korean as the taste of kimchi lingered on my tastebuds, and I came to the conclusion that I am as close to being a Korean as a 6'3'' American can get.
On another subject, I almost proposed marriage to my girlfriend the other day. She doesn't agree with YouJin about my looks. She told me that I look like I'm from the US. She said I am obviously not Canadian. This made me so happy. She then asked me why there were so many more Canadians than Americans teaching in Korea. She said she wished the ratio were reversed because she doesn't really like Canadians. At that moment I dropped to one knee and reached for my pocket, but when there wasn't a ring in it my proposal stopped.

2 Comments:
Well said 'ay
Ryan - you're a hot international commodity. An imaginary make-out partner (unless Raymond was suggesting naughtier "couple" things). Kailan better never let you go to Corea unsupervised - I hear you're rated a 9.9 on www.hotimaginaryamericaninkorea.com
Post a Comment
<< Home