Celebrity Moment
On Sunday I was walking in the university area. It is a hangout for young people. I went there to use the batting cages. As I was walking away from the cages I noticed a group of high school students, and I could tell that they had noticed me. We walked closer to each other then, pandemonium.
Someone in the group of high schoolers said, "Nice to meet you." This is typical. I wasn't going to acknowledge the comment because we actually didn't meet, but the comments that came after made it impossible to ignore. Some of the girls let out very shrill screams. This caused the boys to have to yell out their 'hellos' and 'how are you's' to me. It was so loud. There were about ten kids in the group and they were all shouting to me. The shouting caught the attention of just about everyone on the street. People that were too far away to say 'hello' ran to the scene and also began shouting.
I was trying to walk away as fast as I could, but the shouting alerting everyone in front of me that I was coming. Some people in the shops and restaurants heard the rucus and they came outside to see what was happening. When they saw me, they also screamed out their 'hello' and 'goodbye.'
I was walking for maybe 100 yards before the yelling stopped. 100 yards may not seem like a long way, but when the attention of a crowded street was focussed squarely on me, it seemed like an eternity. Now I have an idea of what 'Buraduh Peetuh' (this is Brad Pitt in Korean) feels like.


1 Comments:
Hey have you been making movies over there Raymond??????
Post a Comment
<< Home