100th Post
This is the 100th post of Deep Kimchi. It is also almost the last post. So sad.
Today, I was walking home from work. I was walking along the main road but it was too noisy so I wanted to walk on the side street away from the traffic. I turned and there were two trucks parked on the sidewalk. I saw two legs behind the tires of one of the trucks. I walked closer and saw that there was a guy lying on ground next the truck tires. I made sure he was breathing, he was, so I walked on. He clearly hadn't been run over by the truck, so I assumed he was passed out drunk.
If I had been in any other place besides Daun-dong, Ulsan, I probably would have made sure he was okay. But street sleeping is very common in my neighborhood. My neighbor, how is the president of a masonry company, once told me, "Raymond! Weather is warm. Time for street sleeping!" I never had the opportunity to do it, and my time is running out here. Maybe I will have to try it out in Bakersfield.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home