Deep Kimchi

Monday, October 03, 2005

Koreans think so highly of foreigners

It's nice of them to lump us in with the crippled, weak, and old. And their older generation is not like it is in the states. In the US we have migrant farm workers pick vegetables. In Korea, when someone is over 30 and loses their job, they are tossed into the field to work. The elderly have major problems, like huncbackism (I think that's the medical term, right Shannon). Many of them would be scraping their foreheads on the ground in front of them as they walk if it were not for their canes.
I'm surpised the sign didn't say "the crippled the weak the old and pigs...er...we mean guks...uh foreigners. I've heard the Koreans nicknamed us foreigners pigs, but I can't confirm that because I don't know the Korean word for pig, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home