Deep Kimchi

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Gimbop Lady Stopped Giving Me Chopsticks

This may not sound like a big deal, but it is. Gimbop is what most of you know as sushi rolls. And the lady I buy them from has stopped giving me the disposable wooden chopsticks. I have to use my metal ones which makes me have to wash more dishes. Actually, it just means more dishes sit in my sink.

This also affects me on another level. Wooden chopsticks are easier to use. It's like eating a bowl of ice cream with a big spoon (you don't need the big spoon, but it's nice). When I use wooden chopsticks I feel like I can do anything. I've contemplated trying to pick up a mouthful of water from my glass of water.

The gimbop lady wants me to give private lessons to her nephew. She doesn't know English so the negotiations are being delayed. But I know that the inclusion of wooden chopsticks with my meal is definately going to be part of the deal.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I don't understand is how you even know that she wants you to tutor her nephew if she doesn't even speak English. It sounds to me like she knows English but she is trying to lowball you with the money side of the deal with the old "No speaka'English" scam.
I see it all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home