Deep Kimchi

Friday, March 31, 2006

Kramer

On Thursday night there was a knock on my door. It was my neighbor and he had two oranges. He wanted to sit on my floor and eat the oranges with me. Now, I have seen my neighbor many times. He has given me his business card and everytime I see him he makes a phone gesture with his hand. I have never called him because he speaks no English, so it would be a pretty boring phone conversation.

Well we were eating oranges and he gets up and opens my refrigerator. He gets some food and notices that I have soju (Korean booze). He got excited and ran to his apartment and got his soju. We began drinking soju, and he ordered fried chicken to be delivered. We had to use my dictionary to ask each other questions. He called his wife (she lives in another city) and had me talk to her. She doesn't know English either. He then talked to his son, and had me talk to him too. His son's English was the best of the three. Well, time flied and before we knew it, it was past midnight. As he was leaving he said, "Friday. Soju."

All day Friday I was wondering if he wanted me to drink with him that night or in one week. So I sent him a text message that said in Korean "Soju tonight?" The next thing I knew we was in my apartment. He just walked right in. He did want to drink that night and so did his friends. It was great. His friends and I went to a sushi restaurant. Tasty. His friends couldn't speak English either. He called his wife again and had me talk to her.

My neighbor and his friends invited me to go fishing with them on Sunday and I accepted. But now I have to get out of it because a girl that I like wants to get together. And spending time with a pretty girl wins out over three dudes that I can't talk to.

I hope they're not too upset because they are fun to hang out with. Even though I can't talk to them I can tell that they are good guys. And one of them is the owner of the business they work at and he pays for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home