My Deleted Post
Hi all,
I put a post on this page a few days ago that offended some, or maybe all. I had a funny experience on a bus, but the way I tried to retell the story was not funny to people who read it. I sat near some fellow foreigners on a bus, and they spoke loudly and often (fulfilling the stereotype of westerners that a lot of Korean people have). I thought the contrast of the loud westerners and the quiet Koreans was comical. I said in my post that I hated them (trying to show the contrast and the Koreanization of me), but I meant it as a joke, me being a westerner as well, I don't hate western people. It was meant to be a joke, but it was not funny. Sorry to the people who read it.
I will be moving back to California in September and I will be happy to be living in a multicultural environment again. There isn't a group of people that I hate (except for maybe the retired Canadians that go to Pismo beach in the winter and wander around Roger Dunn Golf for hours because they are bored and their wife took the car to go shopping in San Luis, but I don't even really hate them, it's more of a strong annoyance. It's been a long time since I've had to spend my days trying to avoid conversations about snow, motor homes, and grandkids). I am very excited to see my family, whom I will not have seen in a year. I will be living with my mom and brother, which will make me very happy. I have been picturing in my mind seeing my mom and brother at the airport, and taking the car ride home. I may have lost 60 pounds, but I think I'm still big enough to pick both of them up and give 'em a bear hug. I hope I'm not too tired to talk to them and eat delicious artery clogging food after the drive. Carl's Jr. and Krispy Kreme, watch out, I'm coming back.

3 Comments:
I hate to do this to you Raymond, but Krispy Kreme has since closed down...it was a sad day.
hey - i never got to read the offending post. i have heard that some westerners abroad are somewhat loud and obnoxious and annoying (recent european adventurers, ryan and kailan, of course excluded from aforementioned stereotype.) sure your disdain was justified little bro! love you!
Oh lord, I thought that post was hilarious. Please put it back up! I think that all the time, except it's about everyone.
- shannon's old room-mate, Asiyah
Post a Comment
<< Home