Deep Kimchi

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Japanese Haircut

I don't know if any of you remember my posting about how I cut all of my hair off my head and it caused quite a stir at work. Well I kept my hair short for awhile and then two months ago I decided to grow my hair out. I didn't get a haircut for two months so my hair was all the same length, shaggy, and very gross looking. I needed a haircut.

In Korea, the barbershops give the same haircut to everyone. It is very short on the sides and very long on top. Guys end up looking like mushrooms. I asked a girl I know if she would help me get a haircut and she did. Her name is Sora, or Sola, and she took me to a Japanese barber. I guess the Japanese like their hair messy looking, because all the pictures of hairstyles were of guys that looked like they had just woken up.

My hair was huge. Very puffy. But Sora liked it and so did everyone at work. A lot of my students told me I looked like I just got out of bed. Then they would give me a thumbs up and say 'Very good.' I told a few of them that I stuck my finger in the electrical outlet and they got very scared, so I told them I was joking.

When I got home I took a lot of pictures of my hair so I could remember how to fix it the next moring. At the time of the pictures, my hair looked very different from how it had looked in the morning. I took 14 pictures. I looked like a skeleton in 13 of them. Here is the one were I don't look too malnourished. My hair looks pretty normal here, I wish I had taken a picture earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home