Teacher's Day = Ego boost
Monday was a holiday in Korea. It was Teacher's Day. All the schools were closed except for good-old, reliable GnB English School. Hooray.
In my middle school class, we were discussing what makes a good teacher. I told them about my worthless high school English teacher who never gave homework or tests, and had us watch movies in about 25% of our classes. They thought she sounded like a great teacher, so I tried to explain that she was actually the worst teacher I had ever had. They wouldn't listen.
So for homework I made the students write about a good teacher they had, and what makes him or her a good teacher. After explaining the assignment, I added, "I'll give you a hint: His name is Raymond." Only one student heard me. Her name is Victoria and she is my favorite student in that class, because she always laughs at my jokes. I joke a lot with that class and she is usually the only one who pays attention to hear them. I think she only listens to me because she is the only girl and she has no one else to listen to. Anyways, I liked her homework so much I asked if I could keep it. I will read it whenever I feel like my head is returning to normal size.
Here is what she wrote (imperfections and all):
"My best teacher is very handsome, very tall, very good manner, beautiful smile and always cute. His pronunciation is very good, and he is very kind. He is very good at English, so he teaches English to us. His dresses well, too. He is perpect. His name is Raymond ^^ k k k k k"
I walked into another one of my classes and there was an envelope on my desk. The students looked very happy with themselves. One of them quietly said, "One, two, three." Then all of them yelled, "Happy teachers day. Teacher is very handsome."
Here's what they wrote:
Sally-teacher's day. congratulation. Thank you.
Anna-teacher! Thank you! I think your Good teacher!
Kate-teacher! I hope our health and happiness. Thank you!
John-Hi teacher. I'm John. Happy teacher's day. play a game
Judy-Teacher's day...Congratulation~!? And, please game!!
Lisa-Hi teacher! Your good teacher. Teacher! play a game.
Joan-Hello teacher! I feel your teach and thank! Please a game. Your teacher's day anniversary ^^ to good teacher
I didn't let them play a game, because I played a game with them the previous week and I got in trouble. They were furious with me. John yelled out, "Teacher not handsome." And Anna replied, "No, John, teacher still handsome, but teacher is bad."
I read Victoria's note.


1 Comments:
Thank you Ryan-teacher. You good writer. Writer day, play game. I'm Ryan, Thanks for writing! And, please write and play games!
Post a Comment
<< Home