Deep Kimchi

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Crazy Pakistani

Sorry about the lack of updates. April was a busy month for me so that's why I only wrote that one not so exciting blog entry. A couple of days after walking out of the house without pants, I almost walked out of my place without a shirt. I think I subconsciously want to strut around Korea in the buff. But enough about that, I have a story about a crazy Pakistani.

My very first day in Korea Nicole, the Canadian I used to work with, told me about a Pakistani man, Shah, she had met the previous day. She was going to meet him for dinner later that night. He began a mild stalking. He called her obsessively for about a week until she introduced him to her best friend, Tara. He then began to call Tara all the time. Tara is a very straight-forward person and she told him to stop being crazy, and the craziness passed. I met him later and he was a nice guy.

I hung out with Shah a few times since I've been here. On the night Nicole left Shah was there and so was the new Australian teacher Sarah. Sarah liked Shah's outgoing personality and asked for Shah's phone number so they could hang out (Sarah didn't have a phone so she didn't have a number to give him). A few days later Shah called me asking if Sarah had gotten a phone. She had, and I thought that Sarah wouldn't mind if I gave her number to him. At the time, I had forgotten about the stalking of Nicole and Tara because it happened before I met the guy.

Well some excessive stalking has begun. Shah was calling Sarah in the neighborhood of 10 times a day. He has shown up to her apartment three times. One time bringing flowers and another time two hamsters. He has shown up to our workplace (luckily his work finishes late enough to where Sarah is gone before he can make it to GnB). He began calling me everyday to find out why Sarah wasn't calling him. I played dumb and offered to tell her he called. Then all contact stopped, but for only three weeks.

Today, contact was back. Sarah showed me phone text messages Shah has been sending her. He wrote that he was sick of no one listening to him and that the whole world would be listening to him soon. He also advised Sarah to watch CNN World news at 6:30 pm Wednesday night to see what he has to say to the world. He is nuts. But if you hear about something crazy happening in Ulsan, South Korea you know who's behind it, the Crazy Pakistani.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Asiyah, Shannon's room-mate from college. She gave me the link to your blog and I have enjoyed reading it. You're a really great writer.

Umm, not to get all big sister on you, but please be careful!!! And tell your friends to be careful too, perhaps get some extra protection?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home