It's Over
I got dumped for the third time since I've been in Korea last night. In record time, too. Jae-sun and I lasted all of 10 days. I'm getting good at this getting dumped thing. If it were a professional sport I think I would be an all-star.
I really need to figure out what I want to do now. Today, my boss asked me to sign another year contract. I talked to Nicole, the Canadian I used to work with who now lives in a big city nearby, and told me not to do it. She said to move to her city, because the schools and apartments are much better. So I need to decide between one year of the same, one year in a nicer, newer school, or headin' back to Cali'. Any of the three will be good, but right now the USA is calling my name.
But if I stay another year, maybe I can earn myself a spot in the getting dumped hall of fame. Poor me.

3 Comments:
Seeing as how I have an opinion on everything I can't help but respond.
So, I would say not to sign the contract. Come home in the fall/winter for a couple months, and see how you feel (go to a wedding perhaps, and visit with your family - i know people in bakersfield, bishop, georgia and iowa that would love to have you visit.) If you realize what you want is to go back to Korea - you can go back for another year or however long. I think Nicole has a good idea to switch cities - it might help you from getting burned out like she did.
And about the getting dumped thing - consider yourself lucky! You're so popular with the ladies that you've had the opportunity to get dumped three times in the past year. Reference earlier comments re: pimpitude.
Raul would like me to tell you that if you do not come home or move to a bigger city, you hould srenegotiate your contract to include a pay raise and a butler.
Your a FREE AGENT AGAIN......your are free to roam the fields...I know you will bounce back....your a pimp now. I think you already know what you want to do in regards to whether or not you stay in Korea. Just do what is best for you and what feels right.
P.S. Have you received the package I sent yet?
Luis
I have to agree with both Shannon and Luis. Getting dumped isn't a bad thing. At least you haven't gotten a rejection like this.
College Ryan - "So what are you doing this Sunday night? Do you want to go to a movie?"
College Girl - "Well....(long pause) actually I have to go look at housing for next year."
Come on! On a Sunday night! You don't have to be a Kinesiology major to figure out that she was full of it.
Just remember everything works out in the end and that successful dating only happens once. Which ultimately ends up as a spouse, children, a mortgage, little league practice, and a beer belly. All the other times are just trials and errors.
Post a Comment
<< Home